Shahi Paneer is considered to be a royal dish especially in the Northern parts of India. Shahi which means ‘Royal’ and Paneer when translated is ‘ Cottage Cheese’ gives Shahi Paneer a royal feel to it. However, Shahi Paneer is a famous dish and is available in almost all the hotels, restaurants and roadside eateries. ‘Shahi Paneer’ is one of the most popular dishes originating from India.
*200 gms Paneer How to make paneer
*2 Medium Onions
*3-4 Garlic Pieces
*2 tsp khashkhash,Cashew paste
*2 Green chillies
*1/2 tsp White Pepper Powder
*1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
*3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
*1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
*3-4 tbsp Cream
*1/4 cup Dry fruits (Cashew Nuts, Raisins)
*1/2 cup Milk
*2 tbs khoya
*8-10 tbsp Vegetable oil
*Salt to taste
*Some dry frouts(Cashew Nuts, Raisins)
* Heat oil in a kadhai.
* Cut paneer into small cubes. Fry over medium heat until light brown.
* Keep the paneer pieces aside.
* Fry the dry fruits in one tablespoon of oillittle brown
* Blend onion, ginger, garlic, green chilli in a blender and make a fine paste.
* Fry the mixture in the remaining oil until golden brown and oil starts separating.
* Add khash khash, Cashew paste till oil look aside.
* Add salt, red chilli powder, white pepper, turmeric powder, garam masala.
Cook for 1-2 minutes.
* Add milk to make the gravy. Bring the gravy to boil. Reduce the heat and cook until the gravy becomes thick.
* Because it is a royal dish add some khoya. it will taste so smothy and so testy
* Put a portion of the dry fruits in the gravy while it is being cooked. Keep the rest of dry fruits for decorating.
* Finally add paneer cubes and 1 tbsp cream. Heat for 5 minutes.
* Garnish shahi paneer with cream and dry fruits and coriander leaves.
* Serve with roti or naan.